First fish at Gardiners Pool

Went down for my first session at Gardiners on Friday evening - May 1st in fact. Weather was overcast and a bit damp which fortunately meant there weren't many anglers on the lake.

I already had an idea which swim to try - a sheltered bay to the right of the car park. The only swim on that bank as it happen due to the overhead power lines.

On good advice from my neighbour Steve, I chucked one rod down the left margin in between some lillies and an overhangin tree. The other - I cast out to the lillies straight ahead but wasn't particularly confident of the location.

On hand with a camera my marvelous girlfriend (who'd popped down on the way home from work) took the following shot of my first carp on my new venue for 2009.

The swan scarpers as my left hand rod bends round.
Giving it a bit of welly keeping the fiesty carp out of the snaggy tree.
Pretty little Mirror landed after a good scrap.


At 8lbs and in immaculate condition - a nice fish, from a pretty swim!

Comments

mikesenior said…
website mike,

fantastic, was it n your ow boilies, my best since coming home was 17.5lb mirror on floating dog biscuit....... have u not been changed since france lol.....

mike senior
Mike said…
Those jeans are amazing :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tirley Court Lake

Old Mill Lakes Lincolnshire - Oak Lake (Aug 2020)